An Essential First Step: Self-Directed eLearning Certification Program
PSI is committed to providing learning opportunities that will enable our customers to achieve the level of comfort and proficiency necessary for proper use and interpretation of the 16pf® Questionnaire Sixth Edition.
PSI’s new self-directed eLearning (online) certification program provides a strong foundation in the proper use and interpretation of the 16pf Questionnaire and qualifies individuals to use our most popular interpretive reports that can be used for selection, development, and coaching applications.
To purchase 16pf reports except for the Competency Report, Career Success Report, and the Security Selection Report, PSI requires the following and meeting these requirements qualifies an individual to be a Level 2 assessment user:
- A Master’s degree or higher in psychology, counseling, social work, education, human resources, or a closely related discipline (e.g., business administration, training and development, public administration, criminal justice), which included relevant graduate-level coursework in Tests and Measurement; OR
- Successful completion of a PSI Group-approved standard certification workshop on the proper use of Level 2 diagnostic, personality, and ability tests.
Who will benefit?
This program is designed for individuals who are new to 16pf Questionnaire and for those already familiar with the instrument, but would like to increase their knowledge and proficiency. 16pf certification is geared for both independent and in-house consultants, HR professionals, talent selection and talent development specialists, industrial-organizational psychologists, talent management coaches, and those wishing to use the 16pf Questionnaire needing a deeper level of understanding and proficiency.
The benefits of the online format is that it is self-directed and 100% virtual. This allows you to be certified “on-demand” without having to wait for the next course to be offered – you can work at your own pace and at a time that is convenient for you. Also, there is no travel expense for you to incur.
Learning Topics and Objectives
The certification program includes the following topics:
- Development of the 16pf Questionnaire
- The Primary Factors
- The Global Factors
- Response Style Indices
- Interpreting a profile
- Giving feedback
- Technical properties
- 16pf knowledge evaluation assessment
- Factor and profile interpretation exercises
Upon successful completion of the 16pf certification program, you will be able to:
- Understand the background and development of the 16pf Questionnaire
- Interpret and explain the Primary Factors
- Interpret and explain the Global Factors
- Interpret and explain the Response Style Indices
- Utilize the 16pf profile information for multiple applications including screening, selection, and identification of high potentials, leadership development, and coaching.
- Apply an individual’s personality-based strengths and areas for development to increase self-awareness.
- Gain confidence in applying information and insights from the 16pf Questionnaire to deliver basic feedback on 16pf profiles in a sound and thorough manner.
- On-Demand Learning: Access to PSI’s self-directed eLearning 16pf certification program for interactive learning, exercises, and resources.
- Technical Manual: Electronic copy of the 16pf 6th Edition manual
- Certification Materials: Hard interpretation resources and reference guides, and other online resources.
- Facilitator Support: Follow-up call after you complete the certification program to review your certification experience and answer any outstanding questions.
PSI is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCP SM. The self-directed e-learning certification program is valid for 6 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
PSI is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. PSI maintains responsibility for this program and its content. The self-directed e-learning certification is 6 hours of instructional time.